We are a small private practice providing psychotherapy, group healing, and professional support services.
Our interventions are focused on partnering with you to create a uniquely therapeutic experience utilizing current research and innovative strategies that help you achieve your goals.
Individual Psychotherapy services are offered for women and men who seek healing transformation through one-on-one psychotherapy. Our work is experiential and our therapists will challenge you to dive into deep, transformational and nourishing work!
All therapists work from a trauma-informed perspective and may work from a body-centered and mindfulness-based framework. This means that we will not only talk about feelings, but also work with feelings to create healing a bring you back into healthy connection with yourself. Our clients come to us experiencing many of these concerns:
- Relationship Loss
- Sexual/Gender Identity Concerns
- Parenting Challenges
- Disordered Eating/Overeating
- Body Image Challenges
- Difficulty with Recent Life Changes (Moves, graduations, new parents)
- Low Self-Esteem/Insecurity
- Impostor Syndrome (especially academics)
- Interpersonal Boundaries
- Parenting Emerging Adults
- And more…
If you are ready to dig in and get started, the next step is to schedule and appointment.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Why Groups Are Awesome for Healing
Support Groups are an ideal healing experience for the kinds of worries that bring people to therapy.
1. Groups help us know that we are not alone, nor uniquely troubled. Just hearing from one other person who shares our experience can decrease our distress and help us to know that we are actually pretty normal.
2. Hearing support, ideas, and solutions from other members can help solve problems we’ve been stuck on.
3. When we provide support and share ideas and solutions with others, we tend to feel better about ourselves and realize we have more going for us than we thought.
At Avalon, we see everything from a brain-based perspective, even groups!
At the end of the day, humans are mammals and we need to feel connected to our heard. We need to feel a sense of acceptance and belonging to feel ok.
Group healing can be profound healing.
Fees & Insurance
Fee for psychotherapy is $150/session.
Sessions are 55 minutes.
Avalon Psychotherapy Associates are providers accepting Maryland CareFirst BlueCross & BlueShield health insurance plans.
We are Out-of-Network providers with some other insurance plans. This means that clients pay the full fee for service at the time of their appointment and submit for reimbursement directly with their insurance company. This is often a simple process. Please check with your insurance provider to see if you have out-of-network benefits.
Avalon Psychotherapy Associates is not in-network with Medical Assistance or Medicaid plans.