Workshops & Events
Empowering You From the Inside Out
Group Learning Experiences in Catonsville
Learning in community is the best way to connect and grow.
We come together, just as we are, to share our journies, hopes, and aspirations, strengthening ourselves and each other.
Let us know you’d like to participate in one or more of our group learning opportunities!
You’ll get early access to registration!
Registration for Spring 2020 Now OPEN!
Classes & Workshops
Introduction to Nurturing Nourishment
with Katrina Seidman, MS, RDN, LDN & Karen J. Helfrich, LCSW-C
In this one-day workshop, we explore eating and relationship with food from a holisitic nourishing perspective.
Holistic nourishing sees eating from a nutrition, mental wellness, and community perspective, rather than a rigid, rules-based, thin-at-all-costs paradigm.
- Understand weight science facts and dieting dangers
- Learn how to implement the principles of intuitive eating for the invidual and family
- Begin body image acceptance and healing
Confidence-Builders: Self-Compassion Class
with Karen J. Helfrich, LCSW-C
Confidence-Builders is a course on self-compassion for self-confidence.
Participants will meet twice a month to work deeply into cultivating self-confidence through self-compassion.
Working through the Self-Compassion Workbook by Kristen Neff, PhD and Christopher Germer, PhD, we will
- Deepen our understanding of the science supporting self-compassion as a primary healing tool
- Cultivate a strong practice of self-compassion in a variety of situations and relationships
- Grow in compassion for self and others through the shared journey of the group
- Transform from self-criticism as a primary coping strategy, to self-kindness and loving accountability
This class will run from January – May 2020.
We will meet twice per month on Sundays from 11:45 – 1:15.
The dates are: 2/2, 2/16, 3/1, 3/29, 4/5, 4/19, 5/3, and 5/17.
Cost: $375 (including all materials)
Only 6 spots available.
Nurturing Nourishment: Healing Our Relationship with Food*
A 5-Week Intuitive Eating Learning Group with Karen J. Helfrich, LCSW-C & Katrina Seidman, MS, RDN, LDN
Join a small group of people who are eager to learn more about how to end chronic dieting and food/weight obsession and return to your body’s intuitive process for eating and healthy weight maintanance. Un-learn mis-information and beliefs about health, nutrition, and weight that seem to be held sacred in our culture.
You never have to diet again.
Participants will focus on Health At Every Size and Intuitive Eating principles for recovery.
Group will meet Mondays at 7:00 PM for 5 weeks for 75 minutes each.
Sessions start February 3 and end on March 2, 2020.
Only 6 spots available.
*To register for this group, please click the button below and let us know you would like to join. We will have a consultation call to answer any questions and ensure that this group is right for you.*
LGBTQ+ Support Group*
With Amy Kirby, LMSW
- Gain confidence in building healthy relationships with family members.
- Increase your interpersonal boundaries skills
- See yourself with more compassion.
- Develop greater resilliency!
Starts February 13, 2020
Only 6 spots available!
*To register for the group, give Amy a call at 410-834-8328. She is option number 4 on the voicemail options.*