Workshops & Events
Empowering You From the Inside Out
Group Learning Experiences in Catonsville
Learning in community is the best way to connect and grow.
We come together, just as we are, to share our journies, hopes, and aspirations, strengthening ourselves and each other.
Let us know you’d like to participate in one or more of our group learning opportunities!
You’ll get early access to registration!
Coming up in 2020…
Classes & Workshops
Introduction to Nurturing Nourishment
with Katrina Seidman, MS, RDN, LDN & Karen J. Helfrich, LCSW-C
In this one-day workshop, we explore eating and relationship with food from a holisitic nourishing perspective.
Holistic nourishing sees eating from a nutrition, mental wellness, and community perspective, rather than a rigid, rules-based, thin-at-all-costs paradigm.
- Understand weight science facts and dieting dangers
- Learn how to implement the principles of intuitive eating for the invidual and family
- Begin body image acceptance and healing
Confidence-Builders: Self-Compassion Class
with Karen J. Helfrich, LCSW-C
Confidence-Builders is a course on self-compassion for self-confidence.
Participants will meet twice a month to work deeply into cultivating self-confidence through self-compassion.
Working through the Self-Compassion Workbook by Kristen Neff, PhD and Christopher Germer, PhD, we will
- Deepen our understanding of the science supporting self-compassion as a primary healing tool
- Cultivate a strong practice of self-compassion in a variety of situations and relationships
- Grow in compassion for self and others through the shared journey of the group
- Transform from self-criticism as a primary coping strategy, to self-kindness and loving accountability
This class will run from January – May 2020.
Cost: $550 (including all materials)
Only 6 spots available.
Nurturing Nourishment: Healing Our Relationship with Food
A 12-Week Eating Disoder Support Group with Karen J. Helfrich, LCSW-C & Katrina Seidman, MS, RDN, LDN
Weekly support group for adults recovering from eating disorders/disordered eating, including binge eating disorder.
Participants will focus on Health At Every Size and Intuitive Eating principles for recovery.
“The opposite of [compulsive behaviors] isn’t [abstinence]. It’s connection.” -Gabor Mate, MD
Group will meet for 12 weeks for 75 minutes each.
Only 8 spots available.
LGBTQ+ Support Group
Weekly support group with Amy Kirby, LMSW for adults.
More information coming soon!